Swift Technical Services was founded in 1981 by Pat Swift, a Commissioning Manager based in the UK who had experience working with BP in the development of their offshore oilfields in the North Sea. Pat is credited with heading up the team who performed the commissioning of the BP Magnus offshore drilling and production platform, which at the time, was the world's largest hook-up and commissioning project. The next major North Sea project to be successfully commissioned by Swift was the fifth platform of the BP Forties field, which came into production in 1987. Swift was soon establishing a reputation for getting the best commissioning personnel available to deliver high-quality services on time and within budget; the core values and principles that hold true to this day. The success of the commissioning services team opened up new opportunities and the scope of the business expanded into providing clients with ongoing operations and maintenance technical personnel. From humble beginnings with small offices in London/Aberdeen, and a team of 5 employees, Swift has become a global Oil & Gas service company with over 400 staff employees and 3,500 contract consultants across 35 countries.
1 . Deputy General Manager
17 June 2016
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead in the Ghana Business Unit with responsibility for multiple functions that require focus specifically on ensuring that strategy is developed and executed in line with group strategy.
- Work with the GM, DGM (Technical) and SSEA Manager, to ensure development and maintenance of strategy based on long-term financial and production forecasting.
- Plan corporate process for client organisation, while working closely with DGM (Technical) to ensure JV business planning and corporate plans are fully align.
- Ensure that commercial activities are executed in line with group strategy and result in value generation and protection.
- Report monthly financials at a group level and ensure budget holders are provided with up-to date expenditure and financial forecasting.
- Demonstrate cost-leadership through challenge and proactive management of BU budget, while working in conjunction with the finance manager.
- Compile local content in the company working closely with the GM to ensure compliance with production agreements and local content legislation.
- Develop strong working relationship with Government and partners in key areas, as well as financial leads to ensure alignment between group and BU strategy.
- Manage a team of leaders across the four functions and ensure leadership development for Ghanaians in line with company commitment to local staff.
- Engineering, Science or Numerate degree preferred, with a financial/business or commercial/legal focus
- 10-20+ years’ experience in the Oil & Gas sector with significant, demonstrable capability in general Oil & Gas management.
- Previous experience in a general management or CFO type role.
- In-depth knowledge of upstream economic value drivers and analysis.
- Ability to create value by entrepreneurial thinking to close high-value transaction.
- Leadership and motivational skills to empower a multi-functional team.
Swift Worldwide Resources is working closely with the company’s project teams in Ghana and have been engaged to source and select qualified personnel for this vacancy. Our client is able to offer long-term career development and progression plans to the successful applicants, as well as an attractive remuneration and benefit package.