Unilever Ghana is Ghanaâ€™s leading manufacturer of fast moving consumer goods and is one of Ghanaâ€™s leading corporate citizens. It all began in 1787 when two European trading firms, Swanzy and King arrived in the Gold Coast. They later merged in 1931 to form the nucleus of the United Africa Company of Gold Coast (UAC) with a strong commitment to the socio-economic development of the nation - trading, manufacturing, agriculture and real estate. In 1963, UAC established Lever Brothers, a consumer goods manufacturing business. Unilever Ghana came into being on July 14, 1992 when the two significant and complimentary Unilever PLC subsidiaries, UAC Ghana Limited, reputed for excellence in marketing and distribution, and Lever Brothers Ghana Limited which is strong in manufacturing, merged to form Unilever Ghana Limited.
1 . Payroll, Reward Specialist-UWA
17 June 2016
This role involves strategic leadership on reward and payroll related issues and administrative changes across Unilever West Africa (i.e. Reward cycle, collective negotiations etc). Successful candidate will generate all reward related communication and support the team as required whiles providing all required data for salary surveys and ensure Reward Service Level Agreements are sustained at agreed and desired level
· Implement accurate and timely reward related employee changes to management and unionized payroll
· Process accurate and timely payroll for management and unionized employees data to the bank
· Execute management and unionized employees payroll accounting and reconciliation
· Generate monthly reports and SLAs for management and unionized employees payroll
· Manage customer expectations as single point of contact for all matters relating to pensions policies, processes, queries and trend
· Manage processing of statutory deductions and remittance of data to finance for payments to institutions and retirees (management and unionized employees)
· Participate in pension cycle briefs – support preparations for pension annual general meetings and cascades to employees. Ie. Distribute communication, brochures
· Track case and grievances progress and resolutions to report on monthly basis to the Payroll, Pensions, Tax Specialists, HR Business Partners
Must have a Degree preferably in Accounting and Finance
· Minimum of 4 years working experience of which 2- 3years must have been in payroll processes and reward management
· Ability to lead and engage stakeholders
· Must be skilled in analyzing data and have attention to details
· Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills
Click here to apply on the companies website
2 . Sales Training Manager
17 June 2016
To ensure the availability of trained and skilled personnel in the Key Distribution Team
· Use the results of skill gap audit to draw up training and development needs to fill gap at the Key Distributor level..
· Jointly selects new Key Distributor team with the RSM.
· Provides training for new Key Distributor staff.
· Using the result of QOP/QOC to put in place performance improvement plans for Key Distributor staff in red box.
· Coaching of Key Distributor operations managers to effectively ran Key Distributor setup
· Minimum 3 years as a Sales Manager
· Minimum of a diploma from a recognized institution
· Good interpersonal skills
· Good communication skills
Travel : Yes, 15 % of the Time
3 . Capability Manager
17 June 2016
· Use the results of skills gap audit to draw up accompaniment and coaching needs to fill gap at the Key Distributor level
· Jointly selects new Key Distributor team with the territory manager/regional sales manager
· Passion for growth- to be effective on the key deliverables will have to be excellent
· Organisational Awareness-will have to work with others to ensure optimum flexibility and responsiveness
· Holding People Accountable-will have to work with territory managers and operations mangers to ensure their performance is essential
· · Ability to work without close supervision
· Organisational skills
4 . R&D Assistant Manager, Regulatory Affairs, Ghana
17 June 2016
Regulatory Affairs Assistant Manager, Ghana
· Responsible for managing technical regulatory affairs within the country.
o Work closely with product development, Supply Chain,Supply management, Finance, legal and marketing teams to ensure that local regulatory and external requirements, restrictions, and risks are identified at an appropriate point in the innovation process so as to land innovation successfully. These could be in the areas of claims/ labelling, pre-market approval, permits, permitted additives/ formulations, quality standards etc.
o Accurate, relevant and timely input into the innovation process and risk assessment of projects.
o Provide local input and expertise to the local, regional and global issue management processes.
o Support the business regarding the innovation process and related Claims Development - specifically with guidance and adherence to existing and proposed regulations
o Assuring compliance of products, labels and advert with local regulations
o Leads the regulatory agenda in the business and communicates with both internal and external stakeholders
o Ensuring all local regulations are available and known to relevant stakeholders
o Cascades information internally and educates the business on how to take a strategic approach to developments in the regulatory environment
o Participates in key external fora, working groups and may represent the business at executive level on Industry Associations
o The ideal candidate will ensure that the business is connected to key external authorities to meet regulatory requirements and shape the future to land innovations.
o Build relationships and be involved with external regulators, key trade associations and working groups, as well as key opinion formers
o The incumbent will be able to build awareness of any new and emerging issues in the regulatory environment within the country