Oando Marketing, is a fully owned subsidiary of Oando and Nigeriaâ€™s leading supplier and distributor of refined petroleum products. Distributing over 2 billion litres of products annually and with a market share of 18%, 22%, and 15% in refined products, lubricants, and LPG respectively, OMP has successfully become the leading consumer brand in the downstream sector in the last five years. As the nationâ€™s leading oil retailer through our network of strategically located retail service stations and terminals, we have continuously ensured products supply and availability in Nigeria and West Africa. Oando Marketing currently has subsidiaries in Ghana, Togo, and Burkina Faso. Oando Marketing offers a wide range of products including Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), Automotive Gas Oil (AGO also known as Diesel), Dual Purpose Kerosene (DPK), Aviation Turbine Kerosene(ATK), Low Pour Fuel Oil (LPFO), Lubricating Oils and Greases, Insecticides, Bitumen, Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG, also known as Cooking gas) and Oando insecticide.
1 . Business Development Supervisor
17 June 2016
The Business Development Supervisor position in Oando Gas & Power provides analytical and administrative support to the Business Development Unit. He/she is responsible for performing analytical tasks to support project initiation, engineering and construction services management efforts related to the business development efforts in the gas and power sectors. The Business Development Supervisor performs technical and analytical research/studies of energy usage trends in the Nigerian market and other relevant economies, as well as natural gas and electricity demand, power cost, rates, potential revenues, margins and profits and the overall viability of individual transactions and projects.
The position incumbent is required to develop comprehensive financial models which enable/aid business scenario planning and enable decision making efforts. The Business Development Supervisor also makes preparation and presentation for pitches to close business deals.
In addition, the Business Development Supervisor will also build and manage relationships with external industry analysts, strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants, Government and other regulators, shareholders and other primary stakeholders. He/she will represent the Company’s interests in commercial, operational and technical alliances, and in presentations and meetings related to the promotion, development and evaluation of business activities within approved policy and authority limits.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· Actively involved in the development of long- and short-term business goals, objectives and targets as part of the Company’s planning and budgeting process
· Provides critical analytical and research support to develop growth strategies for the Company.
· Works with business managers and teams on the development and documentation of functional strategic plans which are presented to the Executive Management and Board for approval
· Presents viable business opportunities to the executive management team and investment review committee when required.
· Coordinates the annual strategic planning and budgeting process, assists the Strategy & Planning Manager with 5 year business plan, financial forecasting and variance analysis.
· Develop financial models and analytical frameworks to facilitate strategic planning and support management assumptions
· Develops a good understanding of the fundamental drivers of business value creation within the gas and power industry/business, and within the context of the Oando Group of Companies.
· Conducts technical and analytical research/studies of energy usage trends in the Nigerian market and other relevant economies; also prepares company, industry, competitor and economic outlook analytical reports and briefing notes.
· Makes summaries of research conducted to aid decision making efforts.
· Uses relevant data on gas and electricity demand, power cost, rates etc. to develop basic/fundamental assumptions for financial models.
· Develop/build financial models for determining/capturing the required capital structures for potential transactions based on underlying business assumptions identified.
· Maintains/documents revisions to financial models and other business documents.
· Analyses data gathered on potential revenues, margins, profits etc., and draws useful insights into current and potential business issues as opportunities are identified; makes appropriate recommendations for business structure, contracts and various deals/business transactions.
· Develops marketing pitches, new business proposals and other forms of communications to external parties.
· Supports the Business Development Unit in the preparation and presentation of pitches to close New Deals.
· Delivers basic internal presentations on the gas and power business and other relevant matters.
· Analyses financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarise and interpret current and projected company financial position.
· Build and maintain business relationship with industry and government stakeholders.
· Keeps up-to-date with industry, market and customer developments e.g. economic changes in relevant countries, political events, regulatory changes, customer business growth and resulting changes in their energy requirements etc.; builds these into demand and supply forecasts and estimates for future business growth.
· Provides adequate and effective project administration - develops action plans and work schedules as appropriate to meet job objectives; Interprets work briefs and provides progress reporting, highlighting constraints, opportunities and risks; also interfaces with other functions (finance, compliance, tax, legal, insurance, EHS, technical/engineering etc) as and when required to ensure the successful execution of projects.
· Supports the execution of strategy and process analysis frameworks with assistance.
· 1st degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other numerate disciplines.
· 5 – 7 years work experience in relevant functional areas such as Operations, Marketing & Business Development, preferably in an International Energy Company
· Understanding of basic corporate finance principles; demonstrated technical skills in financial analysis and modelling is critical.
· Oil & Gas Industry History and Dynamics (In-depth knowledge of laws and regulations would be a plus)
· Gas sourcing, transmission and distribution technologies
· Gas markets, uses, pricing and regulations
· Research, Business Analysis & Problem Solving
· Corporate Finance fundamentals
· Financial Modelling
· Basic Accounting (B/Sheet, P&L analysis, key ratios)
· Entrepreneurial Skills
· Interpersonal Skills
· Project Administration
· Team playing
· Self confidence, drive and tenacity
· Oral & Written Communication